Monday, February 6, 2012

Vampires in Love

The current Target ad includes a QR code for the "special event" about blah blah blobbity blah Twilight DVD whatever. It says, "Be the first to get the DVD or Blu-ray." feh. No, sorry, Target, the first DVD went to some guy in Guangzhou two weeks before the movie opened in theaters.

But I'm not here to knock Twilight. After all, I've seen all the movies, so long as there's only been one. I'm here to talk about the code. And this one is great. It's not fancy, which would have been a plus, but it does exactly what we want.

Scan the code and it takes you to http://qr.tgt.com/twilight/cir which is the shortened version of http://mobileconnect.target.com/twilight/?ref=tgt_adv_qr_cir_twilight. This is a mobile page with shop, share and show links for their Twilight promotions. This looks great on my phone.

Clicking around the site keeps me in a mobile friendly environment. But when I look for the contact info for the local Target, I get this strange set of symbols for the services they offer:
there's a needle, capsule, shirt with a kerchief around the neck, camera, plus sign, banana, glass of wine, coffee travel mug, eyeball.



I'm not sure what services these are. I guess they give shots and dispense pills, develop film and print photos, offer eye exams and other stuff I'm not too sure about. But they don't serve wine, do they? And what do they do with the banana? I guess I'd need to get drunk at my local Target to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment