Tuesday, February 7, 2012

QR Code Review: Who wants a footlong?

Here is something I haven't seen before, a mobile page that adjusts to your screen. The Subway QR code scans to http://qr.prizelogic.com/FNAFS which redirects to http://nation.subway.com/ which is self-adjusting! (You don't even need a phone to see the page with how I so helpfully put the code right here for you to copy and paste.)

This is pretty cool. Look at the link on your computer and it expands to fill the screen. But look at it on your phone and it stays tiny; yet it still displays all the exact same info.

But as much as I love this code use, I don't want to win free footlongs for life. I don't know what I would do with that much food. Other than keel over. If I had a lifetime of free subs, I'd probably eat 10 years worth in one month until my gigantic body crushed my exhausted heart.

But you all can play. You can look for more codes on Twitter from @subwayfreshbuzz or you can like them on Facebook or just ask for some codes in your email, if you still use that.

And even if you don't play, try to scan some QR codes. They're out there, all over. And if you don't scan them, then these companies won't keep using them so that next year or the year after when everyone is looking for ways to get information on their phones quicker and easier, these companies won't be using codes.... because you didn't scan in 2012! And there won't be free footlongs for anybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment