Wednesday, February 22, 2012

QR Code Review: L'Oréal, minus 10 for style

See, this is what is killing QR code use in America. Here is an ad that clearly shows a product called Magic Lumi and what it does to help make your face extra purty. And when I see the code, I cheer because I think, Wow, now I can finally learn how to apply foundation and concealer to cover up these dark circles under my eyes that I get from looking at the computer screen all day.

But I guess not. Scan the code to get HTTP://SCN.BY/9T9AB0HTW8GNRC which resolved to http://www.yourstyleyourstudio.com/howto?cid=studio_qr_studioline_120611_howto_1x1 which is not at all mobile friendly since the images are the same ones as on the regular web page, only much much much smaller. And worse, the flash video won't play on my Android phone.

But when it plays on my pc, I don't see any information about make-up, but only hair care products which is not anything like what the code promised me. Yes, it's fabulous that I can Learn how to get the top Studio Line hair looks with expert stylist Johnny Lavoy. Because Johnny looks like he knows everything about my hair. But the ad wasn't about hair; it was about face. So L'Oréal, what about my face?

So, if don't learn this lesson, people are not going to scan your codes. Stop linking your codes to crap. Don't link to stuff that does not work on my phone and don't link to stuff that is unrelated to what you say it is. The image says, "Scan here for application tips and tricks" and I got nothing. So why should I trust you next time?

Yes, this is just about some make-up that you probably don't care about, but the lesson is the same. It doesn't matter from where you learn it. Just learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment