Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Is coffee supposed to be tan?

It's difficult to view a QR code apart from the conjoined-twin product from which it has been formed. The code facilitates product promotion dispersal to those on the go. So it saddens me when such a hard-working code is tied to some oddball product like a flavored coffee flavor enhancer. You can tell I don't drink coffee.

The QR code wants me to scan to learn more about Nestle Coffee-Mate Natural Bliss, but it doesn't really mean it. The code doesn't give a shit about a product that makes its coffee tan.

The scanned code opens http://naturalbliss.coffeemate.com/QR so the URL isn't even shortened. Oh, well.

The first thing on that screen is a video which invites through a funky groove to "Express Yourself" while showing.. what's that? Is that a Georgia O'Keeffe style sexy open flower while the video teases me with a "hint of natural flavor"? Oh, baby. I want some now. Oh, it's just vanilla flavoring. False alarm.

Touching the other parts of the menu just brings me nutrition labels for the 3 flavors, Vanilla, Caramel and Sweet Cream.

So on the one hand, I want to see more QR codes in use; but on the other, really? Is this really necessary? If I'm out and someone offers me new Nestle Coffee-Mate Natural Bliss coffee creamer, am I going to need any more information other than it's a coffee creamer?

This code doesn't seem to add any benefit as a tool for consumers in this situation. Scan elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment